Waipiata is home to a number of special Maniototo features. On the hill you’ll see the old TB Sanitorium that was established there once upon a time due to the incredible clear air in the region. Further up the hill is the cemetery with the most majestic views and near the township you’ll find the historic Green Bridge.
You’ll find the Waipiata Country Hotel has a range for refreshment options and a great covered verandah. Behind the community hall are some public toilets with running water.
Please make sure you let us arrange your accommodation as part of your itinerary – it won’t cost you anything extra
Peters Farm Lodge
- Four internal rooms and four cabins accommodate 16+ guests
- Cabins have separate ablution block
- Includes continental breakfast
- Passionate hosts
- Great views of the Maniototo and close to the Taieri River with free kayaks available
- All you can eat BBQ option
- Family friendly with child rates
- Great option for larger groups