Groups of two to six adults. Four days is a minimum recommendation for most people on the Rail Trail and provides enough time to take in an activity or two in most cases. Your final day will be a little shorter if you’ve chosen to head back to Queenstown or you’re on the train the departs from Middlemarch.
- Private transport for deluxe customers from Queenstown
- Bike hire including a helmet, puncture repair kit per bike, bike light, cycle computer and trunk bag for incidental items. E-Bike options are available for an additional fee.
- Bike return to get your bike back to us from the finish
- Fully itemised and costed itinerary so you know what you’re paying for
- Initiation, bike fit and briefing at our Clyde depot when you arrive
- Daily bag transport for two bags per person with a maximum weight of 15kg. Extra luggage can be transported to the end of the trail and stored until your arrival for $11 / bag (these bags can have a maximum weight of 23kg).
- Rail Trail Passport for each couple / twin
- Deluxe accommodation on the trail at Olivers Lodge, Pitches Store, Marchburn Country Lodge and Kokonga Lodge
- Your evening meal at Kokonga Lodge is included in the package
- Transport back to Queenstown on our regular timetabled shuttle service or through to Dunedin via shuttle and the Taieri Gorge Train.
What’s not included
- Does not include lunches or evening meals in Clyde, Ophir and Oturehua. Your meal at Kokonga Lodge on your final night is included.
- You’ll generally have time for a mid trail activity like curling in Naseby or a visit to St Bathans. You can find out more about various additional activities that you can combine into your journey by clicking here to view our activity listings.
Pricing is provided below based on double or twin share accommodation (single supplements will apply for single in own room).