- Size – XL (suits height 185-195 cm approximately)
- Colour black
- 26 Speed (3 x 8)
- 29″ wheels
- Hydraulic brakes
- Various scratches and rubbing points on the frame
Specific points to note:
- Grips have been replaced with comfort options
- Original saddle
- Note that the price is for the bike as pictured
- All pricing excludes shipping (see below for shipping rates).
- Paying by direct bank transfer attracts no additional fees. If you choose to pay by credit card there is a 3% service charge
- Pickup – Free (Omakau or Clyde)
- South Island – @$61.50 / bike
- North Island – @$76.50 / bike
- Rural delivery is not available sorry, please provide an address in the nearest township
Purchasing a second hand bike from us online
Selling anything second hand where the customer isn’t onsite to inspect the goods and provide a final approval involves trust. For those of you that have been direct customers of ours you’ll appreciate that we operate with a high degree of integrity and to that end will provide you with a bike in good mechanical condition to the best of our abilities within reason (in other words we’re not going to replace every component on the bike because we’re selling second hand bikes not completely refurbished bikes).
However you’ll note below that we’re probably going way beyond what many other second hand bike sellers would do. We want you to love your bike.
- The price is for the pictured bike only
- Each bike will have its brakes and shifters re-cabled as necessary, ie if shifting or braking is “getting tight” then we will re-cable at no cost to you.
- The chain will be in good condition and less than 0.75% worn (in other words it is in good working condition and doesn’t need to be changed. If it does need to be changed then we’ll put a new one on and you’ll get a bike with a new chain at no extra cost to you. If the rear cluster needs to be changed then we’ll take care of that as well.
- The brake pads or disc pads will be worn but not beyond the manufacturers recommendations. In other words, if the bikes needs new pads then we’ll replace them at no cost to you.
- The bottom bracket will be checked for play and replaced or serviced as necessary
- The hubs will be checked for play and serviced as necessary.
- The tyres will be in reasonable condition with enough tread left on them that you can safely ride. There may be some side wall rubbing on some of the specialized tyres.
- Each bike will be serviced to the same standard we use when hiring the bikes and test ridden
- You can expect that the bikes will have scratches and rub marks on the frame as they are second hand.
- You may find that the suspension seat posts on the comfort bikes have some lateral movement. This can be either wear or just how they come now from one manufacturer.
- Bikes that have to be shipped will be sent in a bike box. This requires some reassembly by you and instructions will be provided. Alternatively you could take it to your local bike shop and arrange for them to do it for you.
- Photos of the bikes are provided in the shop for you to view. If you have any questions then please email along with the code for the bike eg HRS8
Any promo codes provide a discount against the bike component of an order only and can be used for one transaction only (so, if you want to buy multiple bikes, make sure you buy them in one transaction).
Bikes shown in the shop are available at time of viewing. Additional items will be added from time to time, so if there was a bike that you rode on the trail that you’re interested in and it’s not in the shop, please ask because it may be available in the near future.
Please allow up to 14 working days for preparation and delivery of your bike.
You are purchasing a second hand bicycle. We will provide you with a bike in good working order as detailed above.
Where the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 apply, nothing in these conditions limits any rights the buyer may have under that Act which is paramount. Where the goods are acquired for the purposes of a business (where “business” is as defined in the act), the buyer expressly agrees that the provisions of the Act do not apply.
You will be asked to accept our terms and conditions during the checkout process